PLEASE READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY
1. We ONLY accept submissions by email.
2. Send your submission of no more than 3 poems or 2 pieces of prose to email@example.com and include your name in the subject line.
3. Include a short biography about yourself in the third person. You may include one link to a publication or your blog or your website. Once we have accepted your work, please do not send us edits or biography updates.
4. Please Like/Follow us on Facebook if you use social media. We will tag you in our Facebook posts if we can and that is much easier if you follow us. Please let us know if you do not want us to do this.
5. Your submissions must be in a Word file attachment. Please include all items in a single fille.
6. Please note the maximum length of poetry we will publish is 60 lines per poem. Maximum length of prose will be 1000 words per item.
7. Please DO NOT submit work that includes copyright material (such as pictures) belonging to other people/third parties.
8. As the author you retain full copyright in your work. By submitting a piece of poetry or prose to us you are granting Runcible Spoon a non-exclusive right to reproduce your work.
9. With the exception of personal blogs, we do not accept published work or simultaneous submissions. If, after accepting or publishing a piece of work on Runcible Spoon we find it published elsewhere we will remove it from our web site.
10. We do not give critical reviews of submissions.
11. We reserve the right to reject any submission we feel is deliberately offensive or actionable.
12. We do not pay for submissions.
13. Depending on the volume of contributions if your work is accepted we reserve the right not to consider further contributions from you for a period of six months.
14. By submitting your work for our consideration you agree to our collecting and holding information about you soley for the purposes of publication on this website in accordance with our Privacy Notice which is set out below
15. The site will be updated monthly or more frequently if circumstances permit.
We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we collect about you,
You can visit our website without telling us anything about yourself. The only time we will ask you to voluntarily provide us with some personal information is if you would like your work publishing on the site, and that will be limited to an email address and bio information. We do not require more information than this, but at your specific request and at our absolute discretion we may publish a link to your blog or publication.
We collect your email address for Runcible Spoon communication purposes only and do not diosclose this to third parties and would never do so without your prior approval.
When we do receive your personal information we will treat it securely, lawfully and fairly.
How we protect your information
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We take care to allow access to personal information only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties. We do not provide personal information to third parties
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate site related need to do so.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
If European data protection laws apply, you have the following rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.